Kensington Publishing/Zebra Books
PUB DATE: July
LIST PRICE: $3.99
questions, discussion topics, and author biography that follow
are intended to enhance your group's reading of Kimberly Killion’s
HER ONE DESIRE.
England 1483—A time when the
nobles would do anything to steal the crown. Proof of a conspiracy
lies in the hands of the executioner's daughter. Her quest to
save her father's soul endangers her life along with the Scottish
spy she frees from the Tower of London.
a stolen horse, encircled by the shackled arms of Broderick Maxwell,
a Scottish spy escaping certain death in the Tower of London,
Lizbeth Ives rides to the north, hidden by the merciful darkness.
By stealth and by cunning, the daughter of the Lord High Executioner
has undone her father’s cruel work, compelled to save the
innocent man with her. There is no turning back—they are
bound as one in his iron chains. Consumed by mortal fear, driven
by passion, they disappear into the night…
single raven follows them. Is it an omen? Or only the first of
those who would capture them? They must ride on. If captured,
they will face death together. But if they reach Scotland, he
will claim her for his own…forever.
Award-winning author, Kimberly Killion, writes sexy Medieval romances
for Zebra Books. Her debut book, HER ONE DESIRE, was a RITA®
and her second book, HIGHLAND DRAGON, went into a second printing
before release. RT
Book Reviews dubbed Killion as an author who writes “captivating
romance with excellent pacing and characters who are honorable,
intelligent and full of humanity.” Aside from writing, Killion
teaches graphic/web design and serves as the President of the
Missouri Romance Writers of America. She lives in Illinois with
her husband, two children, a dog, three cats, and two dozen chickens.
Please visit her website at kimberlykillion.com
- In the prologue, the reader is introduced to the heroine and
her many phobias. Name two of them and discuss what past experiences
caused Lizzy's fears.
- What characteristics draw Broc to Lizzy?
- What name did the prisoners give Lizzy and why?
- What passion did Lizzy share with her mother? What did Lizzy's
father and grandfather do after every execution and why?
- Broc has a circle of three repeating letters inked around his
arm. What are the letters and what do they represent?
- Why was Broc so determined not to fail Lizzy? Who had he failed
in his past?
- What did the dolls represent at Grandmum's house?
- Where did the climactic scene take place and at what point did
you think there was no hope for the protagonist?
- From the following list of secondary characters, who was your
favorite and why? Smitt, Celeste, Edlynn, or Grandmum.
- Based on the author's note, what was your opinion on the author's
alternate history regarding the princes' in the Tower of London?